Friday, May 2, 2008

Leaving Hornall Anderson


Today is my last day at Hornall Anderson, a magnificent design firm here in Seattle. I've been with the team for nearly 3 years...it's been fun, exciting, emotional, challenging and overwhelmingly rewarding.

The truth is that I am a bigger, better person because of the people. I've never left a workplace that I am so personally and emotionally invested in...I am sad, yet excited for what's NEXT. Which would not be happening without the encouragement and support of my family, friends and colleagues I'd simply not be able to make this "leap of faith" and chase after my dreams.

I'll leave you with my favorite poem by the late, great Langston Hughes.

Hold Fast to Dreams
For if Dreams Die
Life is a Broken Winged Bird who cannot Fly

Hold Fast to Dreams
For if Dreams Go
Life is a Barren Field Frozen with Snow

much love to all of you at Hornall Anderson.
d

1 comment:

OliverRHutton said...

Hey Dan, sorry to see you go (but very exited for you at the same time). You have definitely been one of the friendliest people I've met here at HA. You will be greatly missed!

_Oliver